Elevator Quench Furnaces combine a pre-heat section, hardening chamber, cooling vestibule and quench tank in one complete unit with operation to 2050°F. The workload is processed in the furnace chamber then pulled into the vestibule area where the parts can be automatically lowered by an air-operated elevator into a quench tank without exposing the parts to air. The furnaces are complete with an alloy muffle which separates the atmosphere and workload from the refractory and elements, and an inner door which separates the furnace chamber from the vestibule section. An outer door provides a positive seal against the vestibule. The EQ Models operate under a positive flow of protective atmosphere to minimize scale and oxidation on most tool steels. This design achieves lower dew points, reduces atmosphere consumption and shortens purge time.
Ruggedly constructed, compact design, easy installation, and simple, safe, dependable operation. All models are completely wired, test fired and shipped ready for connection to main power and regulated atmosphere pressure of 5 PSI. All models will operate with inert atmosphere. Flammable atmosphere may be used with the addition of Atmosphere Safety System per NFPA Code 86 C.
- Welded sheet metal shell construction with structural reinforcement.
- Heavy gauge coil wound low watt density heating elements for longer life.
- High grade alloy muffle with inlet pipe and front flange.
- Manual vertical lift inner and outer door assemblies.
- Air operated elevator quench basket.
- Quench tank constructed from continuously welded mild steel.
- Multi-layered energy efficient lightweight firebrick and mineral block insulation for maximum heat storage and minimum heat loss.
- Elements mounted in easy-to-replace holders located on side walls and below the hearth for uniform temperature.
- Silicon carbide hearth plate for full muffle support and thermal transfer from floor elements.
- Honeywell digital temperature controller with type K thermocouple and contactor.
- Controls are mounted in separate side mounted NEMA 1 panel and operate on 115 volts.
|Model||Chamber||Overall||KW||Voltage||Weight (lbs)||Max Work Load (lb)||Quench Tank (gal)|