Series 5000 GT - Heavy Duty Inert Atmosphere GT Box Furnaces
Large box furnaces for hardening, drawing, preheating, annealing, brazing, normalizing and special applications under inert atmosphere to 2100°F. The GT models are designed with a continuously welded furnace shell, gasketed door assembly and atmosphere inlet and outlet ports for operation with a positive flow of higher atmosphere rates. These models are best suited for constant operation to maintain a dry refractory environment in the work area to minimize oxidation on workloads. The GT system is a less expensive alternative compared to our atmosphere furnaces equipped with alloy muffles (AM Models).
Ruggedly constructed and rated for workloads up to 100 lbs. per square foot of hearth area. All models are completely wired, assembled, test fired and shipped ready for connection to main power and regulated atmosphere pressure of 5 PSI. Simple, safe, dependable operation and available in fourteen standard model sizes.
- Continuously welded angle iron frame construction with sheet steel and plate lining.
- Heavy gauge coil wound low watt density heating elements suitable for atmosphere for longer life.
- Heating elements located on sides, door, back and below the hearth provide uniform temperature.
- Multi-layered 7" of energy efficient firebrick, mineral wool block and ceramic fiber insulation for maximum heat storage, less heat loss and lower utility costs.
- Silicon carbide hearth plates form a rugged work surface for supporting load.
- Vertical lift air operated door with high temperature ceramic fiber gasket seals chamber and keeps hot face surface away from personnel.
- Safety micro-switch shuts off power to elements when door opens.
- Honeywell digital temperature controller with type K thermocouple and magnetic contactor.
- Controls are mounted in separate side mounted NEMA 1 panel and operate on 115 volts.
- Chambers 72" long designed for two zone control.
Flow meters, regulators, oxygen analyzers, dew point indicators, program controllers, over temperature safety systems, timers, recorders, loading systems, fiber insulation, quench tanks, alternate door arrangements, forced cooling systems, computer interface, special voltages, gloves, tongs and foil wrap.