All furnaces & ovens are equipped with a Honeywell digital temperature controller and are completely wired, ready for connection to main power supply. Some models may require assembly of vertical lift doors, hearth plates and/or atmosphere equipment. Following are optional accessories to enhance your furnace operation.
- Overtemp System – Safety system complete with a high limit digital controller, separate magnetic contactor and thermocouple assembly for automatic furnace shutdown in the event of a high temperature excursion. Recommended by NFPA Code 86C for unattended furnace operation.
- Fusible Disconnect Switch – Fusible disconnect switch wired and mounted on furnace required by OSHA if means of disconnecting power is not located nearby. (Fuses not included.)
- Input Timer – Timer proportions power to heating elements reducing kilowatt hours permitting lower operating temperatures.
- Seven Day Timers - Automatic furnace start up or shutdown at a preset time with weekend omitting feature.
- Soak Timers - Digital soak timers which begin timing when the operating temperature is reached.
- Program Controllers - (in lieu of standard single setpoint controller) Instruments which stores profiles for ramping and soaking at varying rates and durations during the heating cycle.
- Cascade Controllers - An instrument which accurately controls the setpoint inside the retort of atmosphere (AM) models.
- Pen Recorders - Circular or strip chart pen recording instruments which provide a hard copy print out of the heat cycle.
- Control Panels - (in lieu of standard furnace-mounted panel) Freestanding NEMA 1 or 12 panel to house all instrumentation & power controls for isolation from furnace.
- Flowmeter - Adjusts the flow of atmosphere (CFM) entering the furnace. Mounted on side of furnace, ready for connection to atmosphere supply.
- Regulator - Reduces atmosphere pressure from high pressure tanks to low pressure suitable for connection to atmosphere inlet.
- Muffle Thermocouple - A thermocouple to indicate the temperature inside a retort.
- Inert Door Curtain - A pipe strip mounted below the furnace door opening providing a vertical stream of atmosphere to minimize disruption of the chamber environment.
- Atmosphere Safety System - Required by NFPA code 86C for operation with flammable atmosphere. System will automatically purge with inert gas upon loss of flammable atmosphere pressure, electrical failure or loss of temperature.
- Supervised Burn Off – For burning of flammable gasses exiting furnace. Complete with pilot assembly, solenoid and low pressure switches.
- Supervised Flame Curtain – A strip curtain for operation with natural gas. Complete with pilot assembly, solenoid & orifice.
Gloves, Tongs, Foil Wrap
- Heat Treat Foil – Stainless steel foil wrap to prevent scale during heat treating. Each roll is 24" W x 50' L. Select 2000°F or 2240°F.
- Gloves – High tech insulating fabric to withstand 1800°F. Sold as a pair. Available in 11", 14", 18" & 23" length.
- Tongs – Heavy duty steel tongs to load & move hot objects. Available in 18", 24" and 36" lengths.
- Manual Vertical Lift - Handcrank operated with sprockets, chain and counterweight to raise/lower vertically keeping hot face door surface away from operator.
- Air Operated Vertical Lift - Air cylinder operated via a foot treadle with sprockets, chain and counterweight to raise/lower door keeping hotface door surface away from operator.
- Double Pivot - Horizontal swing with a double pivot action to rotate hotface door surface away from the operator.
Available in mild steel or stainless steel shell construction depending on quench medium. Options include casters, mixers and heaters.
- Floor Stand - Angle iron frame to support single chamber models.
- Wire Racks - Lucifer Furnaces recommends Cooley Wire Products