Dual chamber space saving furnaces for hardening and drawing high speed steels and ceramics. The GT models are designed with a continuously welded furnace shell, gasketed door assembly, and atmosphere inlet and outlet ports for operation with a positive flow of atmosphere in the upper chamber. These models are best suited for constant operation to maintain a dry refractory environment in the work area to minimize oxidation on workloads. The upper chamber, rated for 2450°F, is equipped with silicon carbide heating elements controlled by an SCR power supply. The SCR proportions the lowest power input required for each application, limiting amperage for steady state control. Automatic compensation for changes in element resistance and workload, combined with silicon carbide elements designed with a 200% aging factor, result in excellent element life. This unique operating system saves money on initial purchase by eliminating the large expensive power transformer and oversized contactors. Operation is simplified without the manual adjustment of tap switches.
The lower chamber is complete with wire wound heating elements, stainless steel liner and fan assembly to recirculate heat for uniform temperature. Available at operating temperatures of 800°(88)F, 1200°F(82), 1400°F(84), and 1600°F(86).
All models are completely wired, test fired, and shipped ready for connection to main power and atmosphere supply.
- Continuously welded sheet metal single shell construction.
- Both chambers designed with same working dimensions.
- Silicon carbide heating elements mounted above and below hearth for uniform heat in upper chamber.
- SCR power supply.
- Multi-layered energy efficient lightweight ceramic fiber and mineral block insulation for maximum heat storage and minimum heat loss in the upper chamber.
- Coil wound heating elements mounted in easy-to-replace holders located on side walls of lower chamber.
- Silicon carbide hearth plate for load support and thermal transfer from floor elements in upper chamber.
- Double pivot horizontal swing upper chamber door with gasket and horizontal swing lower chamber door.
- Safety micro-switch shuts off power to elements and fan when door opens.
- Honeywell digital temperature controller with type R thermocouple on upper chamber.
- Controls are mounted in a side mounted NEMA 1 panel and operate on 230 volts.
Flow meters, regulators, oxygen analyzers, dew point indicators, program controllers, over temperature safety systems, timers, recorders, quench tanks, computer interface, gloves and tongs.