Dual chamber space saving furnaces for hardening and drawing high speed steels and ceramics. The upper chamber, rated for 2450°F, is equipped with silicon carbide heating elements controlled by an SCR power supply. The SCR proportions the lowest power input required for each application, limiting amperage for steady state control. Automatic compensation for changes in element resistance and workload combined with silicon carbide heating elements designed with a 200% aging factor result in excellent element life. This unique operating system saves money on initial purchase by eliminating the large expensive power transformer and oversized contactors. Operation is simplified without the manual adjustment required with tap switches.
The lower chamber is complete with wire wound heating elements, stainless steel liner and fan assembly to recirculate heat for uniform temperature. Available at operating temperatures of 800°F(88), 1200°F(82), 1400°F(84), and 1600°F(86).
All models are completely wired, test fired and shipped ready for connection to main power supply.
- Heavy gauge welded sheet metal single shell construction.
- Both chambers designed with same working dimensions.
- Silicon carbide heating elements mounted above and below hearth for uniform heat in upper chamber.
- SCR power supply.
- Multi-layered energy efficient lightweight ceramic fiber and mineral block insulation for maximum heat storage and minimum heat loss in the upper chamber.
- Coil wound heating elements mounted in easy-to-replace holders located on side walls of lower chamber.
- Silicon carbide hearth plate for load support and thermal transfer from floor elements in upper chamber.
- Double pivot horizontal swing upper chamber door and horizontal swing lower chamber door.
- Safety micro-switch shuts off power to elements and fan when door opens.
- Honeywell digital temperature controller with type R thermocouple on upper chamber.
- Controls are mounted in a side mounted NEMA 1 panel and operate on 230 volts.
Program controllers, over temperature safety systems, timers, recorders, quench tanks, alternate door arrangements, forced cooling systems, computer interface, special voltages, gloves, tongs and foil wrap.
- Lucifer Furnaces adds capacity at Compacting Tooling
- Lucifer Furnaces HS8 Series for High Speed Steel Heat Treating