Bench and floor models equipped with an alloy muffle for operation with a positive flow of protective atmosphere to 2050°F. The alloy muffle separates the chamber refractory and heating elements from the workload and atmosphere to minimize scale and oxidation on most tool steels. This design achieves lower dew points, reduces atmosphere consumption and shortens purge time. The AM models are ideal for cyclical or production type applications.
Ruggedly constructed and rated for work loads up to 25 lbs. per square foot of hearth area. All models are completely wired, test fired and shipped ready for connection to main power and regulated atmosphere pressure of 5 PSI. Compact design, easy installation, and simple, safe, dependable operation. All models will operate with inert atmosphere. Flammable atmosphere may be used with the addition of Atmosphere Safety System per NFPA Code 86 C.
- Welded sheet metal shell construction with structural reinforcement.
- Heavy gauge coil wound low watt density heating elements for longer life.
- High grade alloy muffle with inlet pipe and front flange.
- Multi-layered energy efficient lightweight firebrick and mineral block insulation for maximum heat storage and minimum heat loss.
- Elements mounted in easy-to-replace holders located on side walls, and below the hearth for uniform temperature.
- Silicon carbide hearth plate for full muffle support and thermal transfer from floor element.
- Double-pivot horizontal swing plug door with high temperature ceramic fiber gasket, swing bolts and handles for sealing against muffle flange.
- Honeywell digital temperature controller with type K thermocouple and contactor.
- Controls mounted in separate side mounted NEMA 1 panel and operate on 115 volts.