Unique “Space Saver” design offers the convenience and economy of two independently controlled chambers in one packaged assembly. The upper chamber offers the flexibility of heat treating and rapid cooling under protective atmosphere in an alloy muffle with a maximum operating temperature of 2050°F. The muffle is mounted on a portable cart assembly which can be transferred in and out of the furnace chamber. A double pivot horizontal swing door mounted on the furnace seals the chamber when the muffle is removed. The muffle separates the furnace insulation and heating elements from the workload and atmosphere to minimize scale and oxidation on most tool steels. This design achieves lower dew points in the work chamber, reduces atmosphere consumption and shortens purge time. A cladded plug type door with gasket seals against the muffle. The RAM models are ideal for cyclical or production type applications.
The lower chamber (Tempering) is complete with a stainless steel liner and fan to recirculate the heat for uniform temperature. Available in operating temperatures of 800°F (88), 1200°F (82), 1400°F (84), and 1600°F (86). Ideal for Tool Rooms and Schools, providing a complete heat treat station in one furnace.
All models are completely wired, assembled, test fired and shipped ready for connection to main power supply. Compact design, fast installation, and simple, safe, dependable operation. All models will operate with inert atmosphere. Flammable atmosphere may be used with the addition of Atmosphere Safety System per NFPA Code 86 C.
- Welded sheet metal single shell construction.
- Both chambers designed with same working dimensions.
- Heavy gauge coil wound low watt density heating elements for longer life.
- High grade alloy muffle with inlet pipe and front flange.
- Multi-layered energy efficient lightweight firebrick and mineral block insulation for maximum heat storage and minimum heat loss.
- Elements mounted in easy-to-replace holders located on side walls and below the hearth for uniform temperature on upper chamber.
- Silicon carbide hearth plate for muffle support and thermal transfer from floor elements in upper chamber.
- Safety micro-switch shuts off power to elements and fan on lower chamber when door opens.
- Honeywell digital temperature controller with type K thermocouple and magnetic contactor on each chamber.
- Controls are mounted in separate side mounted NEMA 1 panel and operate on 115 volts.
Flow meters, regulators, oxygen analyzers, dew point indicators, muffle thermocouples, cascade and multi-zone control systems, supervised flame curtains, supervised burn-off systems, program controllers, over temperature safety systems, cooling systems, timers, recorders, quench tanks, alternate door arrangements, computer interface, special voltages, gloves and tongs.