The EHS Dual chamber models are a low cost alternative for processing high speed steels and ceramics. The upper chamber, rated for 2450°F, is equipped with silicon carbide heating elements mounted across the roof, with lightweight ceramic fiber insulation forming a compact energy efficient package. Designed with an SCR power supply to automatically regulate the voltage for changes in element resistance and workloads, providing optimum performance at the lowest cost. This unique operating system saves money on initial purchase by eliminating large expensive power transformer and oversized contactors. Operation is simplified without the manual adjustment of tap switches.
The lower chamber is complete with wire wound heating elements, stainless steel liner and fan assembly to recirculate the heat for uniform temperature. Available at operating temperatures of 800°F(88), 1200°F(82), 1400°F(84), and 1600°F(86).
All models are completely wired, test fired and shipped ready for connection to 230 volt power supply.
- Heavy gauge welded sheet metal single shell construction.
- Both chambers designed with same working dimensions.
- Silicon carbide heating elements mounted above the hearth for uniform heat in upper chamber.
- SCR power supply.
- Multi-layered energy efficient lightweight ceramic fiber and mineral block insulation for maximum heat storage and minimum heat loss in the upper chamber.
- Coil wound heating elements mounted in easy-to-replace holders located on side walls of lower chamber.
- Silicon carbide hearth plate for load support in upper chamber.
- Horizontal swing doors on both chambers.
- Safety micro-switch shuts off power to elements and fan when door opens.
- Honeywell digital temperature controller with type R thermocouple on upper chamber.
- Controls are mounted in a side mounted NEMA 1 panel and operate on 230 volts.
Program controllers, over temperature safety systems, timers, recorders, quench tanks, alternate door arrangements, forced cooling systems, computer interface, special voltages, gloves, tongs and foil wrap.